AGNIVEERVAYU| INVITES ONLINE APPLICATIONS FROM UNMARRIED INDIAN MALE AND FEMALE CANDIDATES FOR SELECTION TEST FOR AGNIVEERVAYU INTAKE 02/2023 UNDER AGNIPATH SCHEME
- Pursuant to the New HR methodology for induction of Agniveervayu under ‘Agnipath Scheme’, aimed to provide an opportunity to Nation’s youth to experience military way of life for a period of four years, Indian Air Force invites ONLINE application from unmarried Indian male and female candidates for selection test from 20 May 2023 onwards to join the IAF as an AGNIVEERVAYU. The number and employability of female candidates will be decided as per service requirement.
- Application is required to be filled only ONLINE by the candidates and detailed instructions to fill up the same are available at https://agnipathvayu.cdac.in.
- ONLINE REGISTRATION shall commence at 1000h on 17 March 2023 and will close at 1700h on 31 March 2023. Only ONLINE
- REGISTERED applications shall be accepted. For registration log on to https://agnipathvayu.cdac.in .
(a) Date of Birth Block. Candidate born between 26 December 2002 and 26 June 2006 (both dates inclusive) are eligible to apply.
(b) In case, a candidate clears all the stages of the Selection Procedure, then the upper age limit as on date of enrolment should be 21 years.
Marital Status and Pregnancy.
Only unmarried candidates (male & female) will be eligible for enrolment as Agniveervayu and they shall undertake not to marry during the defined engagement period of four years. Keeping in view limited period of engagement of Agniveervayu inclusive of training, skill development activities, practical as well as formative assessment and organisational requirement of continued service of Agniveervayu during the engagement period, longer absence of Agniveervayu during the engagement period will adversely affect the operational efficiency of the Indian Air Force. Agniveervayu who marry during the said period shall be discharged from the service. Further, only unmarried Agniveervayu will be eligible for selection in regular cadre as Airman. Female candidates additionally shall be required to undertake not to get pregnant during the engagement period. Such women Agniveervayu on becoming Low Medical Category (LMC) due to pregnancy shall be liable to be discharged from service. Pregnancy will debar the women Agniveervayu for selection into Regular Cadre. At the time of enrolment, candidates shall require to sign a voluntary undertaking accepting above conditions”.
(a) Science Subjects: Candidates should have passed Intermediate/10+2/ Equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics and English from an Education Board listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English. OR
Passed Three years Diploma Course in Engineering (Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Automobile / Computer Science / Instrumentation Technology / Information Technology) from a Government recognized Polytechnic institute with 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in diploma course (or in Intermediate/Matriculation, if English is not a subject in Diploma Course). OR
Passed Two years Vocational course with non-vocational subject viz. Physics and Mathematics from State Education Boards / Councils which are listed in COBSE with 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in vocational course (or in Intermediate / Matriculation, if English is not a subject in vocational course).
(b) Other than Science Subjects
Passed Intermediate / 10+2 / Equivalent Examination in any stream/subjects approved by Central / State Education Boards listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
Passed two years’ vocational course from Education Boards listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in vocational course (or in Intermediate / Matriculation if English is not a subject in Vocational Course).
Note – 1: Candidates eligible for Science Subjects examination (Including Intermediate/ 10+2/three years’ diploma course in engineering or two years’ vocational course with non-vocational subjects of Physics and Maths) are also eligible for Other than Science Subjects and would be given an option of appearing in both Science Subjects and Other than Science Subjects examination in one sitting while filling up the online registration form.
Note – 2: Education Boards listed in Council of Boards for School Education (COBSE) website (cobse.org.in) as members, as on date of registration shall only be considered.
Note – 3: Exact aggregate Percentage of marks before decimal as written in the marks sheet of 10+2/Intermediate/Equivalent Examination/Three
years Diploma Course/Two years Vocational Course OR calculated as per the rules of concerned Education Board / Polytechnic Institute shall only
be considered (For example 49.99% should be taken as 49% and not to be rounded off to 50%).
Mandatory Medical Standards.
General Medical Standards for AGNIVEERVAYU male & female candidates are as follows:-
(i) For Male candidates: Minimum acceptable height is 152.5 cms.
(ii) For Female candidates: Minimum acceptable height is 152 cms. For candidates belonging to North East or hilly regions of Uttarakhand, a lower minimum height of 147 cms will be accepted. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum height will be 150 cms.
(b) Weight: Proportionate to height and age.
(c) Chest: For Male and Female candidates: The chest wall should be well proportioned with minimum range of xpansion of 05 cms.
(d) Hearing: Candidate should have normal hearing i.e. able to hear forced whisper from a distance of 6 meters by each ear separately.
(e) Dental: Should have healthy gums, good set of teeth and minimum 14 dental points
Corneal Surgery (PRK/LASIK) is not acceptable.
(h) General Health: Candidate should be of normal anatomy without loss of any appendages. He / She should be free from any active or latent, acute or chronic, medical or surgical disability or communicable disease, infection and skin ailments. Candidate shall be physically and mentally FIT to perform duty in any part of the world, in any climate and terrain.
(j) Gynaecological Examination (For female candidates): The examination covers external genitalia, hernia orifices and the perineum, any evidence of stress urinary incontinence or genital prolapse outside introitus.
(k) Gender (For female candidates): Any candidate if found to have predominant characteristics of the opposite gender as evident on external physical examination, will be rejected as Unfit. Any candidate having undergone gender reassignment surgery will be declared Unfit.
(l) Pregnancy (For female candidates): Any candidate, if found to be pregnant shall be disqualified and her candidature rejected.
(m) Details of medical standards are available on CASB web portal https://agnipathvayu.cdac.in
- Consumption of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substance (NDPS). Consumption of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic
substances banned under the NDPS Act 1985 shall be a reject criteria for selection into the IAF. AGNIVEERVAYU found either in
possession or storing or distributing or consuming such drugs and substances after enrolment shall be liable for disciplinary action including
dismissal from the IAF. ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY TO ALCOHOLISM AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE IS FOLLOWED IN IAF.
- Body Tattoo. Permanent body tattoos are not permitted, however, tattoos only on inner face of the fore arms (inside of elbow to the wrist), back (dorsal) part of the hand/reverse side of the palm and Tribals with tattoo which are as per the custom and traditions of their tribes may be considered. Offensive, obscene, indecent, sexist or racist tattoos are prohibited regardless of location on the body. However, right to consider
a tattoo acceptable or unacceptable will rest with the selection centre. Candidates with permanent body tattoos are to submit two Postcard size photographs (close up and distant view) with details of size and type of the Tattoo during the second phase of testing.
- Only Sikh candidates, whose religion prohibits cutting of hair or shaving of face, shall be permitted to grow hair and/or retain beard and moustache. Accordingly, those Sikh candidates willing to retain the same as per laid down specification are to get their photographs with beard and moustache.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Agniveervayu will be enrolled in the Indian Air Force under Air Force Act 1950, for a period of FOUR years. Agniveervayu would form a
distinct rank in the Indian Air Force, different from any other existing ranks. The Indian Air Force is not obliged to retain Agniveervayu beyond the
engagement period of four years.
- On completion of four years of service, based on organisation’s requirements and policies promulgated by the Indian Air Force, Agniveervayu will be offered an opportunity to apply for enrolment in the regular cadre of the Indian Air Force as Airmen. These applications will be considered in a centralised manner based on objective criteria, including performance during their four-year engagement period and up to 25% of
each specific batch of Agniveervayu will be enrolled in regular cadre of IAF. Agniveervayu will not have any right to be selected for further enrolment into the Indian Air Force. Selection of the Agniveervayu for further enrolment, if any, shall be at the discretion of the Government of India.
- Employability. Agniveervayu enrolled under this entry are liable to be assigned any duty in organisational interest at the discretion of the Indian Air Force.
- Training. On being enrolled, Agniveervayu will be imparted military training based on Indian Air Force requirements.
- Leave. Grant of leave will be subject to exigencies of the Indian Air Force. The following leave is applicable for Agniveervayu during their engagement period: –
(a) Annual Leave. 30 days per year.
(b) Sick Leave. Based on medical advice.
- Medical and CSD Facilities. For the duration of their engagement period in the Indian Air Force, Agniveervayu will be entitled for medical facility at Service Hospitals as well as CSD provisions.
- Pay, Allowances and Allied Benefits. Agniveervayu enrolled under this Scheme will be paid an Agniveer package of Rs. 30,000/- per month with a fixed yearly increment. In addition, Risk and Hardship allowances (as applicable in IAF), Dress and Travel allowances will be paid. Perks such as ration, clothing, accommodation and Leave Travel Concession (LTC) shall also be provided as per the existing rules.
- Terminal Benefits – Seva Nidhi Package. AGNIVEERVAYU will be given one time ‘Seva Nidhi’ package comprising their monthly contribution along with matching contribution by the Government on completion of their engagement period.
HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates are to fill ONLINE Applications by logging on to https://agnipathvayu.cdac.in.
- During online registration, the following documents are to be uploaded as applicable by respective candidates: –
(a) Class 10th /matriculation passing certificate.
(b) Intermediate/10+2 or equivalent mark sheet.
3 Yrs Engineering Diploma Final Year Mark sheet (if applying on the basis of 3 Yrs Engineering Diploma from a Govt. recognised
polytechnic in prescribed stream) and Intermediate/Matriculation mark sheet (if English is not a subject in Diploma Course).
2 Yrs Vocational course mark sheets of non-vocational course with subjects English, Physics and Mathematics.
(c) Passport size recent colour photograph (taken not before January 2023) of size 10 KB to 50 KB (front portrait in light background
without head gear except for Sikhs). The photograph is to be taken with candidate holding a black slate in front of his/her chest with his/
her name and date of photograph taken, clearly written on it with white chalk in capital letters. Change in appearance like growing beard,
head gear etc., in comparison to the photograph may result in cancellation of candidature for STAR online examination and Phase-II.
(d) Candidate’s left hand thumb impression image (Size 10 KB to 50 KB).
(e) Candidate’s signature image (Size 10 KB to 50 KB).
(f) Candidate’s parent’s (Father/Mother) / Guardian’s signature image (if candidate is below 18 years on the date of filling the online
- Examination Fee: Examination fee of Rs. 250/- is to be paid by the candidate while registering for the online examination. The payment
can be made by using Debit Cards/ Credit Cards/Internet Banking through payment gateway.
- Candidate must have his/her valid E-mail ID and Mobile No. for successful online registration.
- Candidate should enter AADHAAR number in on-line application. Candidates from J&K, Assam and Meghalaya are exempted for the
same, if not having AADHAAR card.
- Candidates are to reach at the examination Centre with colour print out of provisional admit card. Candidates shall be debarred from
appearing in the online test in case anomalies / irregularities/ incorrect information are observed during initial verification at the examination venue
or at any subsequent stage of selection process.
- The candidates should carry his/her AADHAAR Card (as displayed on their Admit Card) as proof of identity whenever they report for the
Selection Test (Phase-I & II) and Medical Test. Candidates from J&K, Assam and Meghalaya are to carry any other valid ID Proof, if not having
- Details about required educational qualification and physical/medical standards are available on CASB web portal
https://agnipathvayu.cdac.in under the candidate’s login and this information can be accessed by the candidate without signing in.
- General instructions for candidates are as follows: –
(a) Candidates must indicate five choices of examination centre for STAR ONLINE EXAM and seven choices of ASCs for Phase-II, in order of preference while filling up the online application form. However, CASB reserves the right to allot any centre other than those mentioned in the application.
(b) REQUESTS FOR CHANGE OF EXAMINATION CENTRE OR DATE OF SELECTION TEST SHALL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
(c) Candidates not reporting for the test on due date and time shall not be accommodated on other dates/shifts.
(d) Duplicate / Incomplete / erroneously filled applications shall be rejected.
(e) Candidates should be prepared to stay for the entire duration of the tests under their own arrangement. No TA/DA shall be admissible.
(f) Candidates are required to provide an active e-mail ID which will be used by CASB for all communications till culmination of the entire selection process and enrolment for the particular intake. It is also advised to preserve e-mail ID and password for all future communications.
(g) Candidate should apply only once in response to this advertisement.
(h) Candidature of candidates who apply MORE THAN ONCE IN RESPONSE TO THIS ADVERTISEMENT AND OBTAINS different registration numbers SHALL BE REJECTED.
NOTE: PRESIDENT, CASB RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ALLOT EXAMINATION CENTRE FOR PHASE – I AND II WHICH MAY OR
MAY NOT BE AS PER CHOICE OF THE CANDIDATE.
- COVID-19 INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANDIDATES APPEARING FOR SELECTION TEST
(a) Given the risk of COVID-19, candidates are advised to follow all instructions / guidelines issued by Central/State Governments from time to time.
(b) At the entrance any candidate showing symptoms of Influenza Like Illness (ILI), will not be allowed for the test considering the safety of other persons.
- If there is any variation between English & Hindi/any other regional language versions of the advertisement, English version shall be taken as authentic.
- Any CORRIGENDUM/CHANGES/UPDATES shall be available ONLY on CASB web portal https://agnipathvayu.cdac.in and NO INTIMATION SHALL BE GIVEN IN ANY NEWS PAPER/ANY OTHER MEDIA. All candidates are required to see the web portal of this office from time to time.
- PROVISIONAL SELECT LIST (PSL). The PSL (merit-wise) will be prepared after the completion of selection test and the same will be displayed at all the ASCs and also on web portal https://agnipathvayu.cdac.in on 20 November 2023. Inclusion of names of candidates in the PSL depends upon the performance of the candidates in the selection test and the same is determined by application of cut off marks vis-à-vis number of
qualified candidates in phase-II testing and anticipated vacancies. Inclusion of name in Provisional Select List (PSL) does not guarantee automatic enrolment. IAF reserves the right to cancel the Selection Process even after publication of the PSL, if necessary. Enrolment is strictly in order of merit subject to medical fitness, availability of vacancies, not exceeding the age of 21 years on date of enrolment and meeting all the laid down eligibility criteria as and when called for enrolment. The validity of the PSL shall be 06 months from the date of display and shall be applicable only for AGNIVEERVAYU INTAKE 02/2023.
- ENROLMENT LIST. List of candidates finally called for enrolment in AGNIVEERVAYU INTAKE 02/2023 will be published on 01 December 2023. E-Call letter ONLY shall be sent to candidates called for enrolment on their Registered e-mail IDs.